- Wise Phuul (2016: Inspired Quill) – Designated Page
- Knight to f6, The Flash Fiction Press, 16th May, 2017. – Featured here.
- A Breath Through Silver, Swords and Sorcery Magazine, Issue #66, July 2017. Revised and reprinted in Bewildering Stories, Issues #849-850, 30th March-6th April, 2020. – Featured here. Also included in Bewildering Stories Second Quarter Review 2020 (June 2020), where it earned an Order of Merit designation for being the highest-rated Serial of the Quarter (Issues #849-860). Also included in Bewildering Stories Annual Review 2020 (December 2020), the magazine’s Mariner Awards.
- The Happiest Man Alive, Bards and Sages Quarterly, Volume IX, Issue IV, October 2017; pp.89-92. – See the magazine’s website and elsewhere.
- Après Moi, le Déluge, Into the Ruins, Issue #7, Fall 2017; pp.37-45. – See the magazine’s website.
- An Extract from the Diary of Peter Mackenzie, Te Kōrero Ahi Kā, editors Grace Bridges, Lee Murray and Aaron Compton (2018: SpecFicNZ); pp.23-28. – Available here, here, and various other places. See here for reception of the anthology as a whole.
- The Mystery of the Nineteen Bells, Wild Musette Journal, #1801: Medusa at the Morgue, March 2018. – Featured Here. The journal issue is available here and here.
- Jatkot, The Centropic Oracle, 6th April, 2018 [Audio: Read by Kenneth Tynan]. – Featured Here.
- Another Alexandria Next Tuesday, Aurora Wolf, Volume 9, Issue 6, June 2018. – Featured Here.
- Pulmenti, Gloriosum Pulmenti, Bards and Sages Quarterly, Volume X, Issue IV, October 2018; pp.17-25. – See the magazine’s website and elsewhere.
- The Keeper, The Horror Zine, April 2019. – Featured here. Available as part of Spring 2019 compilation here.
- In the Land of the Elephant’s Footprint, Into the Ruins, Issue #12, Spring 2019; pp.25-30. – See the magazine’s website.
- Gone Fishing, Bards and Sages Quarterly, Volume XI, Issue II, April 2019, pp.17-23. – Available here and elsewhere.
- A Christmas in Bohemia, Infernal Ink Magazine, Fall/Winter 2019, pp.50-64. – Available here and elsewhere.
- Pink Unicorns Solvable in O(2) Time, Beyond the City Limits, editor Kura Carpenter (2019: Wicked Unicorn Press), December 2019, pp.63-84. – Available here. The anthology as a whole is reviewed here and here.
- The Last Libation, Eternal Haunted Summer, Summer Solstice, June 2020. – Featured Here. Reprinted in Eternal Haunted Summer’s special thirteenth anniversary edition (Winter Solstice, December 2022).
- Fleeing to the Dawn, Shorts Magazine, Volume #1, Autumn 2020, pp.37-42. – Featured Here.
- Hosting Kullervo’s Curse, Eternal Haunted Summer, Winter Solstice, December 2020. – Featured Here.
- A Night in the Witherlands, Heroic Fantasy Quarterly, Issue #48, May-July 2021. – Featured Here, plus a short review and a longer one.
- Perilous Treasures, Eternal Haunted Summer, Summer Solstice, June 2021. – Featured Here.
- Son of Night, Noctivagant Press, Issue #3, Autumn, December 2021, pp.117-122. – Featured Here.
- The Night of Parmenides, Aftermath: Stories of Survival in Aotearoa New Zealand (2022: SpecFicNZ). – Available here.
- Of Tin and Tintagel, New Maps, Volume #2, Issue #2: Spring 2022, pp.27-41. – See the magazine’s website.
- The Dream of Florian Neame, New Maps, Volume #3, Issue #2: Spring 2023, pp.42-48. – See the magazine’s website.
- The Regent Booksale Is Actually Much Nicer Than This, Otago Daily Times, 18th May, 2009; p.9. – Featured here.
- The Faerie Knoll, Eternal Haunted Summer, Summer Solstice, June 2016. – Featured here.
- The Night Before Yule, Heroic Fantasy Quarterly, Issue #30, November 2016-January 2017. – Featured here, plus a (very) short review and a longer one.
Less important stuff
- Late Medieval Plague and English Economic Revolution – 2004 – A relic from my University days. Still to be found in the University’s library catalogue.
My medieval-style poetry may be found under the SCA section of this site. I will however neither confirm nor deny reports that I’ve also written online fanfiction and alternate history.
Also: My Amazon Author Page.