2021 Reading Log: April (+ Writing Update)
Completed reads for April:
- His Last Bow, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Lost Horizon, by James Hilton
- Flashman and the Tiger, by George MacDonald Fraser
- Goodbye, Mr Chips, by James Hilton
- A True Story, by Lucian of Samosata
- On the Syrian Goddess, by Lucian of Samosata
- Micromegas, by Voltaire
- Black Ajax, by George MacDonald Fraser
- Metamorphoses (2 vols.), by Ovid
Ovid is the Miller translation.
After a very intense February and March working on Old Phuul, I didn’t make further progress on that in April, due to real-life getting in the way (and a desire to catch up on reading). On the other hand, I did churn out a fresh short story this month, a short 1750-word Historical Fiction piece, called Perilous Treasures, set in an eleventh century Irish monastery. So it was not a month devoid of writing.