2021 Reading Log: January
Completed reads for January:
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The City of God (2 vols), by Saint Augustine of Hippo
- On the Nature of Things, by Lucretius
- On the Cave of the Nymphs, by Porphyry
- Kim, by Rudyard Kipling
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes is the version without The Cardboard Box. I shall have to wait until His Last Bow before checking that one out…
The City of God is the John Healey translation. Note that I actually had been reading the book on and off since June 2020. I finished the first volume in September 2020, and the second in January 2021. Definitely one of those books that feels less like literature and more like a mountain peak.
Lucretius is the Bailey translation. Porphyry is Thomas Taylor’s.
Not a bad effort, considering that January has been largely occupied with the hassles of moving house (which is why my blog posts have been fairly quiet this month).