A Struggle for Legibility: Making A Phuulish Fellow Easier to Read
My struggles last month with deciphering 400 year-old Gothic font has reminded me of a perennial complaint people have had about this blog: the bloody thing is too difficult to read. Well, I’ve finally managed to sort this out, or at least alleviated this to some degree.
Yes, it’s taken a while. Mea Culpa. I was hesitant about tinkering with such things, lest I accidentally delete the blog material via changing the Theme, which would have been disastrous. Silly, silly me… the root of the problem actually dates back four years, to when I initially set up this blog. I was interested very much in the aesthetics of the site, and never thought about, you know, readability (my own eyesight is pretty good, so it never occurred to me that others might struggle). Once I realised the problem, the spectre of accidental deletion induced procrastination… which just shows that I really am a foolish fellow when it comes to web design. Changing and enlarging font doesn’t delete anything, of course. I’m just an idiot for having such fears.
Anyway, I sincerely hope the new state of affairs is easier on the eyes. Please let me know if I’ve somehow made things worse, which I very probably have…