Not a Reading Challenge: September (+ Writing Update)
Completed reads for September:
- The Aztecs, by Nigel Davies
- The Fall of Gondolin, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Fifth Sun, by Burr Cartwright Brundage
A couple of non-fiction books this month, but otherwise same old, same old. 2018 (and late 2017) just hasn’t seen that much reading done. Writing on the other hand…
September has been an excellent month for getting projects finished. The following have all been finished and sent off.
- Pink Unicorns Solvable in O(2) Time. – After editing, this hard science-fiction piece turned out to be a meaty short story, rather than a novelette as I had previously feared.
- In the Land of the Elephant’s Footprint. – Far future science-fiction, set at Chernobyl two thousand years from now.
- Gone Fishing. – My Turkish horror story received a revise and resubmit request in 2016, and I had left it because I couldn’t figure out how to make the necessary changes. Well, now I have.
- Barbara Blue. – A gender-flipped retelling of the Bluebeard legend, as set in Prohibition-era Chicago. It was written for an anthology, and currently has no speculative elements (which might have to change if I want to submit it to other markets).
So several monkeys off the back there. Back to Old Phuul (and I really must allocate more time to reading…)